How to Use the Power of Focus
Learning to focus the right way is critical to your personal development and success. With the right focus you can hone in your abilities and put maximum effort to one exact thing. This allows you to achieve a great amount of quality and attention on the focused item, resulting in the best results you can achieve.
So what exactly can being able to focus do for me?
Focus is one of the keys to being successful. I found out that not having this ability puts you at a major disadvantage when it comes to anything that there’s competition for. It’s about a 50/50 if someone has this skill or not. When you come across a person who is able to get the results they want and stay on task the whole time, you know that person has focus.
It also helps you to strive to be your best. When you are off your game, or unfocused, you won’t get the quality of work or attention in that you know you are capable of. It’s like running at 50% when you aren’t focused.
Here are some tips to help you achieve a focus. This is something you have to practice over and over again to master, but once you do it will be worth it.
- My first tip is to pay attention to everything. Try to really zone in to whatever it is you need to focus on. It could be a task at hand or a conversation with another person. Whatever it is, give it your undivided attention.
- Learn to hold your attention longer by practice. When you learn how to really pay attention the next step is to learn how to hold that attention for longer periods of time. All you really have to do here is practice. If you normally read a book and get 5 pages in before you lose interest try for 6 or 8. Try staying in that undivided attention mode for as long as you can.
- Eliminate as many distractions as you can. Focus on the task at hand and eliminate as many things that grab your attention as you can. For example if you have a cluttered desk clean and organize it.
- Get Organized! In order to better focus on what you need to you got to eliminate the extra things in your space that will cause your mind to wonder. Adopt a minimalist lifestyle if you want to take this to an extreme.
- Take your time and slow down. Don’t frustrate yourself by trying to focus on everything. Only focus on the things that matter most and slow down a little to ensure maximum quality and attention.
- Eliminate negative thinking. Being positive can help clear your mind of worries and stress. It also increases your ability to stay on task.
I hope this list gets you started and gives you something to think about today. I know that I do my best work when I’m focused and I’ll bet you do too. If you want more great resources like this to help you become a better person then subscribe to my newsletter in the box above. Good Luck!