Here, you will be taken through a few techniques necessary in improving mental alertness. Some of them are:
- Proper dieting
- Physical and mental exercises
- Adequate lifestyle
How To Improve Mental Alertness
At times one may experience episodic lapses of forgetting. In such cases sentences or ability to remember slips out of the mind’s reach no matter how hard one tries. It can quite be frustrating for one to get out of touch with his/her thoughts, or not sufficiently retain memory already stored up till the required instance. Nonetheless, there are some tested ways of sharpening your brain power such that you will be able to effectively manage all data fed into it.
1. Sufficiently rest both your mind & body. We presently live in quite a swift paced frenzied society. In addition, we are repeatedly prone to incessantly tasking our own lives. This only serves to lay needless stress on ones brain, and the person’s memory would be affected negatively. Adequate rest would permit your whole mind & body to effectively rejuvenate.
2. Only consume healthy & nutritious diet. Fish contains omega 3 fatty acids which are known to ‘feed’ the brain. Taking such meals would complement your brain’s capacity to sufficiently retain certain knowledge and also recall it when necessary.
3. Get adequate exercise. Health care experts have proven that someone who’s lethargic or slothful doesn’t aid the brain to stimulate certain hormones related to memory retention. In addition, exercising aids in quality circulation of blood to the brain thereby increasing supply of oxygen to this region. A brain which is nourished with enough oxygen shall have more clarity than another one starved of this compound.
4. Practice reality orientation operations. Immediately you wake up proceed to recall your forthcoming day. Significant events or appointments should be right at your fingertips.
5. Set lists. It’s important to prepare a things-to-do list before commencing with your day. This shall aid you in keeping stuff well organized. You will effectively remove all clutter from mind for better remembrance of more vital data.
6. Cut on your use of additives like nicotine, caffeine or alcohol. All these substances function as stimulants as they will constrict all blood arteries. In the long run this would interfere with appropriate oxygenation in the body system, particularly in your brain. Incase blood vessels at your brain have been constricted this can reduce memory capacities.
7. Sufficiently feed the brain using new knowledge. You can read magazine articles, books or also view relative instructive programs which will sufficiently feed your brain with new data. This can be likened to giving your brain intermittent tune-ups, which is also similar to what you do with the car’s engine.
8. Make good use of recurring memorization procedures. This would be an effectual tool in helping kids improve on their memory. However, it will still work exceptionally for much older individuals. Through successively repeating a particular feature, you will be able to imprint its image onto your memory. It would be sufficiently accessible for recall only when needed.
9. Formulate a rhyme that will aid you to recall data. At times, data that’s set to music or certain catchy rhyme can be sufficiently cued in cases where one needs to recollect this data.
10. Keep a well documented journal. This is a good way of releasing stress and also sustaining our memories. At times we seem not to remember several details about a topic, but with effectual detailed description of our every day lives we will have something referable that will aid us recall all information which has to be brought to memory at a particular instance.
11. Learn how you can be an effective listener. Keen people usually boast an enhanced recall memory with regards to data they have already heard. Focus on what you wish to store and try as much as possible not to be distracted by secondary forces.