It’s your off day at work and you discover that you have not planned what to do with the free time you have earned. This need not be the case. There are a number of activities that one can engage in to make sure that the off days are used to re-energize the body. These activities can be placed into four groups.
ENHANCE YOUR KNOWLEDGE
- Instead of spending the whole day sleeping and generally feeling lazy and directionless, it is worthy investing in acquiring knowledge that will help you become a better person at work and in your private capacity. It’s therefore advisable to:-
- Read a book that can help you identify ways of improving your career.
- Read a book or novel that makes you relax as the story develops.
- If you love writing, this is the time to start or continue with a script or story that you were working on.
- Learn the process of soap making and make money by selling it.
- Learn the art of perfume making and earn some extra cash from it.
- Learn how the art of cookie making.
- Learn how to play golf or any other game that you have always desired.
- Your day off is also the time when you can sort out a number of pending personal assignments without having to worry about being away from duty without permission.
- This is the time to settle your bills if you have the money. It is also the time that you can spend planning your finances by budgeting and dealing with pending financial obligations.
- This could be the right time to open a savings account and start saving for the future.
- If you already have a saving account this day can be dedicated to making a deposit into the account.
- This is the right time to do general cleaning of your house.
- It is also the right time to sort out and do your laundry.
- Clean the carpets by wet or dry vacuum cleaning
- If you have a lawn, mowing it could keep you busy for some time. Also hemming and pruning your hedge is a good thing to do on your off day.
- Clean your kitchen and all the utensils and electrical equipment like, the refrigerator and the cooker. Remember to switch them off before you start the cleaning.
- Pull weeds out of your kitchen garden or simply weed the garden.
- Visit a charity in your neighborhood and donate some clothing or volunteer to work for free.
- If your house needs a facelift, this could be right time to do some house painting and removing cob webs.
- Go shopping and restock your pantry.
- If you keep animals, this could be the right time to look at their shelter and see whether the animals are comfortable.
- Try to locate all your garage tools and arrange them in such a way that they can be found when the need arises.
PHYSICAL FITNESS AND GAMES
- There are people who rarely do exercises because of heavy work schedules. Your day off offers you the opportunity to tone up your body. The exercises should be done in a relaxed manner to avoid the possibility of hurting yourself
- Swimming is a good exercise that is not boring
- Aerobics can also be done to tone the body.
- You can try out a new dance style that is the rage in town.
- Playing Golf or Chess are all good pass times on your off day.
- Jogging is another activity that can keep one busy on his off day.
- Yoga enthusiasts can take time and practice it on their off days.
- Biking is another good exercise on off days.
- Horse riding
- Brisk walking
- Walking your dog or cat can also be done on off days.
FREEDOM AND THE OUTDOORS
- You have spent a lot of time indoors while on duty, your off day gives you the chance to sample the outdoors.
- You can visit your parents if you don’t stay with them
- You can go camping
- You can take a leisurely walk in the park and connect with what nature has to offer.
- Make a kite and fly it.
- Go for a picnic with a friend or a loved one.
- Visit a game reserve or national park or a zoo
PLEASURE AND LEISURE
- Your off day is the day you can also reward yourself by aoina out to meet friends or relatives.
- You can go out to a movie with friends, a loved one or alone.
- You can spend time tackling a jigsaw puzzle or filling in the crossword puzzles, Sudoku puzzles or any brain teasing puzzles.
- This is an opportunity to try out new wine.
- Visit and sample new a restaurant in your area or town.
- Have a coffee date with a loved one or friends to catch up on what is happening in your lives and the country at large.
- Go for window shopping or shopping if you have the money.
- Try, online shopping and see whether you can make any deals.
- This could be time to try out new recipes.
- Cook for yourself.
- Cook a dish that you haven’t tried for a long time.
- Give yourself a good ice cream treat. You deserve it; it’s your off day.
- You can visit a second hand mart and see whether you can get some deals at reasonable prices.
- Call someone you have not called in a long time and chat or if you love letter writing, this is the right time to sit done and communicate in writing to that special person.
This list is not exhaustive but it attempts to give those on their off days tips on what they can do to keep themselves busy. All these activities cannot be done in one off day but one can choose the activity or set of activities they like and engage in them. The person taking his off days will look forward to them with the full knowledge that he will be fully and usefully engaged. These tips are definitely more engaging than spending the whole day in bed simply because it is your off day.