It’s not just about your body. In order to improve yourself, you need to
improve your mind, spirit and soul as well.
1. Develop tolerance and patience- people make mistakes. The first
step to finding peace with society and improving your self is by
developing tolerance for those things around you.
2. Meditate- try to make time to meditate for 15 minutes each day. If
you don’t like the idea of meditating, practice taking deep breaths
once a day. This can help with circulation and ease your level of
3. Volunteer- volunteering for a good cause is not only good for your
self-improvement, but also for others. Find something you are
passionate about and look towards volunteering your time or some
money. There are thousands of charities and organizations that would
love your help including the SPCA, Breast Cancer Awareness and the
4. Discover the Secret- the Secret is not something that everyone
buys into. However, some of the messages are vital to self-improvement.
You control your own future. For more self-improvement
help through self-healing, consider looking into other
spiritual self-medicating books that can provide relief for your mind
5. Write down your Thoughts- writing not only stimulates your brain
activity but it also acts as a great de-stressor. Keep a journal so you
can record your thoughts if you are feeling down. Invest in a well-made
journal to increase your creative juices.
6. Read- Find some time on the weekend to curl up on the couch with
a good book. This simple pleasure is not just relaxing, it is also
7. Think Positive- Positive thoughts lead to positive results. Surround
yourself with positive energy and this energetic vibe will be released
into your lifestyle and daily habits.
8. Plan ahead- there are certain things in life that just happen. They
are annoying and frustrating but that’s just the way it is. This may
include a traffic jam on your way to work or a long line at the post
office. If you are prepared for these things, then you will be able to
handle these annoying situations a lot better. Give yourself an extra
20 minutes to get to work to allow for the rush hour traffic. It’s a lot
better for your self-improvement to be sitting in your car thinking
“good thing I planned ahead and left 20 minutes early” rather than
honking the horn and swearing for being late.
9. Think about a getting a pet- a dog or a cat can provide
unconditional love and support, which can lead to self-improvement.
They will lift your spirits in more ways than can be expressed. Dogs
can motivate you to exercise and are always around for a cuddle.
However, before you consider a pet, make sure you have the financial
security and freedom to look after the constant demands of a pet,
especially a dog.
10. Be generous- selfishness and self-improvement do not mix. Think
about others beside yourself and share your wealth.
11. Stimulate your brain- grab a crossword puzzle or enjoy the Sudoku
in your morning newspaper on the commute to work. These fun little
games are quick to do and keep your mind sharp.
12. Find daily alone time- between work, the kids, your spouse and
your friends, it might seem like you don’t get a single moment to
yourself. Find that moment. This could just be shutting the doors and
taking a 20 minute bath. You need to find time to reflect and relax
and this is best done by yourself.
13. Pamper yourself- Self-improvement includes getting rid of those
daily kinks. The best way to sooth the stress away is with a deep
therapeutic massage. If you cannot afford a monthly massage, then
look to your spouse or partner and swap massages. Buy oil, light
candles and turn your living room into a spa.
14. Drink Tea- Tea has calming powers that can do wonders for your
spirit. Try chamomile or green tea and indulge in the tantalizing tastes
and natural goodness.
15. Smile and make eye contact- let your facial expressions do the
talking. A smile and eye contact with a stranger can release a spark
within you and also brighten up someone else’s day.
16. Find time to catch up with friends and family- sometimes our
schedule gets so busy that we simply cannot fit in family and friends.
This can lead to serious woes and a lack of self-fulfilment. You need to
find a balance between work and play. Take a late lunch to catch up
with your friends. It’s hard to stay in touch but it’s important to try.
17. Forgive others- Forgiveness is not something you can just switch on
and off. It can take time to forgive someone, especially if you were
really hurt. However, forgiveness starts deep within you and is one of
the most important steps of self-improvement. If you can find it within
yourself to forgive, then you are proving to yourself that you are
18. Forget wrong doings- the past is the past. In order to self improve,
you need to move on. Forget about those problems that are holding
you back. They are in the past for the reason. Step away from that
heavy burden and look towards the future.
19. Invest in Aromatherapy candles- aromatherapy candles are not
expensive and can really lift your mood.
20. Do something for someone else- improve your sense of self by
thinking about someone else. The little things make all the difference
for improving your self-worth, and lifting other’s moods.
21. Stop trying to control the things you simply cannot- this is a big
one. The Universe works in mysterious ways. You need to accept what
has been given to you and stop trying to change what hasn’t.
Acceptance is the key to self-improvement.