Money Isn’t Everything – Overcome The Greedy Mindset
Money is the root of all evil. It can ruin families, friendships, and the whole world for that matter. It cause us much grief and pain. If we could learn to reduce our dependence on money and replace that with some great new habits, then we would be in for a world of change.
Why Money Shouldn’t Control Your Life
Focusing on getting material things and acquiring money could possibly be the cause of all your problems and stress. Why is it you want so much? This question could have many answers. It could be because you want what your neighbor has or maybe you just want a better quality of life. The problem is when you’re never satisfied, which means no matter how much you have you will always want more. Wanting more and more becomes an addiction. You become so addicted to money that your heart turns cold and might turn your back on a best friend or family if the price was right. These greedy choices happen everyday and we all are a victim of these choices at some point or another.
How Can I Overcome The Greedy Mindset
First thing I want to point out is that you can still have money and not become greedy. You have to understand that there is a difference between wanting to have a good life and taking so much that others suffer for your greed. You know you hit this point when you have so much that you could never use or spend it all, even in a lifetime.
You also need to understand the difference between a need and a want. A need is something you have to have to survive such as food, shelter, water, clothing, etc. A want is everything else. There is more than enough to go around for everyone, if we all just learn to share. This misunderstanding is what drives most of the world into suffering and scarcity.
Her are some points that may help you become less dependent on money.
- Learn to share what you have with others even if they are complete strangers
- Don’t do things just for the money, do them because you enjoy them
- Learn to live a minimalist lifestyle
- Cut out as many wants and especially unnecessary wants as you can
- If you have a stockpile of money share it, go out and tip everyone you see who offers you a service. Tip minimum wage workers more. That small amount of money means much more to them than it does to you.
- Don’t waste! Remember the more you consume the higher the price will become. This is basic economics, the law of supply and demand.
- Got out and enjoy life (try to do as many free things as you can)
- Work Less
- Follow Your Passions (not money!)
I hope this article could be a wake up for someone and help them realize we are all in this together. Try to wean yourself off money as much as possible. If we all did this we would see a drastic change in the world. This is the only way we as a whole will ever progress any further. Good Luck!