It is common for people to really be against going in for work in the morning but be in a celebratory mood when coming out in the evening. Your office or place of work might be a real bore depending on what goes on there. To some, this kind of boredom can be as a result of different factors;
- (a) The boss- The mention of the name might send shivers to your spine. These people have the power to make your work place heaven or hell.
- (b) Colleagues- Depending on how you get along with others, this might be a big factor affecting your work place tolerable or not.
- (c) Environment- A dull office or a place of work that you get to work alone with no one to talk to might make it unbearable for anyone.
- (d) Work load- If by any chance you get too much work to do within a limited period of time, this might be quite boring. Everyone prefers something bearable.
- (e) Working hours – There is a specific period of time that one should work. However, some jobs demand even more time and this might make it all a bore and unbearable.
- (f) Salary- This is one of the most important things that motivate or de motivate us when it comes to working. The right amount of salary will definitely give you the desire to get to work and keep it up. Alternatively, receiving even less will make you dread waking up in the morning to head to your work place.
- (g) Safety- Some jobs pose real health risks. The more you work the more the harm you bring to yourself. This can be quite de motivating hence making your work place a bore.
However, there are some steps that you could take to make your work place more enjoyable and tolerable.
Truth be told, disorganized people do not enjoy doing whatever they do. This is because disorganization makes almost everything fall out of place. When nothing is working the way it should or the way you’d like it to, this might create chaos. For you to truly enjoy your job and work place, do your best to be organized. Write a time table for what needs to be done, back up documents on the computer to avoid mishaps, ensure that everything is where it should be and get to work on time. All this will make your job easy and run smooth. Eventually you will be spared from alot of stress, havoc and time wastage.
No body likes a grump or a snitch. Be a team player and get on the same page with everyone else. When the rest of your colleagues agree on doing something, join in as long as it isn’t harmful or illegal. Having your work mates against you might end up being very costly and unfortunate for you. This therefore calls for friendliness but be careful on knowing the limit. People have the tendency of taking advantage of others and if you’re not careful they might end up using you.
Be friendly only when it is called for but professional and firm when need be. A nice and open person is very much liked and popular than the opposite. Be polite, supportive and kind when your work mates need you to be; set boundaries though on where all this get to. If every one likes you, going in to work will be a pleasure as compared to when everyone gives you “the eye” when you walk in.
Follow the rules
Every work place has its rules and regulations, or at least it should. Do not be that person that always does the opposite and gets in trouble with those in power. This has the capability of making things really sticky for you. If the administration black lists you as a non co-operative employee, your work place might start being unbearable. Lack of this might deny you chances of promotions and reward from your superiors, lead to having you left behind when it comes to decision making or just create distance between you and your colleagues.
Read all the rules and regulations when you get employed and make sure that you follow them to the latter. Make it a habit to alert your superior incase you are bound to break one of them. If you are sick or have an urgent commitment outside the work place, call and let them know.
Manage your work load
One of the main things that make going in to work a real night mare is having work pile up beyond your control. Manage your time and program wisely in such a way that all your work is scheduled for. This will help you manage all you have to do in the office by the end of the day.
This will give you a sense of achievement, worth and happiness at the end of the day. This way, you will find yourself eager and ready to go in to your work place every morning. Things always seem to fall into place when you finish your daily target at the end of the day. It also sets you up for a promotion or favor among your employers and employees. Believe it or not, your job will be even more interesting and fun.
Right mental preparation
Sometimes for anything to happen, it needs to start in the mind. Look at your self in the mirror each morning and tell yourself that it is going to be a great day for you. Actually, you do not need to do this specifically but let it be clear in your mind that you are going to be positive and receptive to whatever comes your way.
Positivity begins with you then reflects to others. Good attracts good and vice versa. When you make note that your day will be unbearable and bad then do not be surprised when this prophesies happens exactly like you predicted. Be positive and watch it reflect on your work, colleagues and work environment.
It is actually very simple and easy to make your job enjoyable and fun. Walking in and out of your work place with a long face is about to change if you follow these steps.