Some days are better than others, as far as being productive goes. Sometimes you may sleep better than normal or have a stroke of luck that puts you in a good mood. These extra positive days are a great chance for you to get lots of stuff done and keep the ball rolling even longer. When you take advantage of an already good situation and keep going with it, you will find that more and more positive things will flow right into your life.
To do this all you have to do is go about life normally. Wait for a really good day or even just a better that average one, then get started on your to do list or even start working on a project you’ve been wanting to do forever. The main thing to remember is to keep going with good things for as long as you can. Go all the way up until you go to bed if you can, that way you can wake up in the morning feeling good keeping it going for another day.
Good days are so awesome when you have one, but even better when they last longer than just one day. I remember having good days that turned into good weeks and even a good month every once in awhile. I think you could stretch this out long enough to possibly even form a good day habit if you tried hard enough and stuck with it.
Here are some tips to help you get things done on a good day
- Plan ahead by sitting down and writing down all the things you want to do on your next good day
- Try to make everyday a good day by waking up telling yourself that today is your day
- Don’t let little things throw you mood. Follow you day through to the end without letting minor annoyances bother you.
- If you can keep this going for 28 days straight you have just formed a new habit
- When you have a good day going on do things you enjoy and like to help keep that mood going for even longer
- Don’t beat yourself up if you have a good day and then it doesn’t make it until the next. Eventually you will have a long streak of good days just keep trying.
- If you don’t know what to do just do anything. Most of the time just moving in any direction will feel like your making progress and will help boost your mood.
I discovered this little technique by accident when I realized that I could wake up in the same mood I went to bed in by just thinking about it. So I tried to bring a good day right into the next and it actually worked quite easily. I have made some great progress towards my ultimate goal of constant happiness and I just wanted to share this with you. Good Luck!