If your current quality of life is getting you down in the dumps and you wish to better yourself in either your personal, or professional life then this article could be of some significant use for you. Firstly, what do we mean by quality of life? When people use the term “Quality of life” they are usually making reference to a person’s general well-being. The term can be used in a wide range of contexts, including personal goals, personal health choices or even professional goals in a persons’ particular line of work. One concept which is closely related to quality of life is happiness. If you are not happy or content with the direction your life, career or even both, are heading, then this article will give you a few simple ways of improving both, and bettering yourself in everyday life.
For starters let us make one thing perfectly clear, money or cash incentives do not necessarily make a person happy or successful. Obviously during these difficult financial times, a healthy looking bank account would be incredibly useful. But please, do not think that the only way of bettering your life is by making as much money as possible. You could be stuck working a job that pays a relatively good wage, but if you are working yourself ragged and to the bone and are not happy, then eventually your unhappiness or stress will catch up with you, and can manifest itself in a number of unpleasant ways. Simple ways in which we can enrich our sense of general well being could be by altering the way in which we interact (or in some cases do not interact) with other people. Being nice and pleasant costs nothing, and a simple “hello” or “thank you” can go a very long way. So without any further hesitation, here are five sure fire ways of improving your life.
5. Improve your happiness – Improving your happiness is not a quick and easy fix and one cannot expect to simply just swallow a pill or do a fun activity and automatically become the happiest person on earth. The truth is that in order to improve your happiness, there are a number of steps that you can take in order to do so. Recent studies have shown that when we experience positive emotions, achieve goals, engage in daily activities and grow our relationships with others around us, that our levels of happiness can be elevated greatly. Engaging in exercise has been scientifically proven to help improve a person’s general outlook on life. When we engage in exercise, our body releases “endorphins” which can create a heightened sense of happiness and well being. By exercise, please do not think I mean a grueling 2 hour full body workout in your local gym. Things as simple as a brisk walk outdoors or to your nearest store can all help, although if you do enjoy working out at the gym, then even better. These small steps may not sound like much, but can all help and make you a happier individual both inside and out.
4. Become more organised – Many of life’s stresses can come from a lack of organisation and feelings of not having things firmly under control. We can combat this by becoming better organised. Have you heard of the expression “a tidy house is a happy house”? Well that statement sums up this section perfectly. Keep items in a neat and tidy manner. If you work at a desk, make sure that your files and other necessary materials are neat and tidy. As well as making life a whole lot easier, being well organised can give off a professional impression to others around you.
3. Get into a daily routine – Getting into a daily routine can be so beneficial to a person, and best of all, it requires nothing other than a little self discipline. Forcing yourself to go to sleep at a reasonable set time every night and awaken at a reasonable set time every morning can offer you numerous advantages in your day to day life. Say, for example, you are a student. You have plans to go workout, eat and study for a few hours before your classes in the afternoon the next day. The next day arrives, but you do not wake up and get out of bed until midday. There goes your time to workout and study. Now you are rushing and scrambling to get ready and eat some food before your class starts at 1. Not productive or useful in the slightest. If you had gone to bed at a reasonable time the previous night, you could have awoken at 8, eaten, worked out, studied and eaten again before heading out to class. Routine is the key here.
2. Set yourself goals – Setting yourself goals is another important step in your quest for a better life. When we set our self goals we give our self direction in all areas of our life. Setting goals can give your life purpose and give you a reason to get out of bed every morning. A life without goals is like a ship on the ocean with no map. Goals, just like maps, help you reach your set destination much faster than just aimlessly sailing through life’s oceans. Set yourself a goal and do not stop until you achieve it. If you wish to lose 10 lbs in weight, set that as your goal and do not stop until you have achieved it. And when you do, set yourself your next goal! If you believe it, chances are that you can achieve it.
1. Learn new skills – If you feel that your life is missing something, then why not learn a new skill? Learning a new skill can be as complicated or as simple as you choose. Maybe you have always wanted to learn a new language, What’s stopping you? If you want something, then go for it. Learning new skills can open up a whole new world of job or career opportunities for you. Say you have always been interested in wood work, why not sign up for a wood work and carpentry course? Once you are eventually qualified you can set up your own carpentry business, be your own boss, earn a good living and do something worthwhile that you enjoy and get paid for doing! How great would that be? Getting paid while doing something that you love.
So there we have it, just five of the hundreds upon hundreds of ways in which you can challenge yourself and better your life in every way possible. If you are serious about bettering yourself then only you can do so. It won’t happen overnight, but it will be a positive, fun, exciting and challenging experience and the end results will be more than worth the hours of hard work you put into achieving your desired results. I wish you a world of happiness, and good luck with all of your life goals.
Thanks for reading.