An Amazing Feel Great Trick: Clutter Removal
I recently decided to take some time to throw away junk and organize my house. Now it’s been over a month with me working on it at least once per week, and I can tell you I never felt so accomplished.
A Little About Me and My Experience With Clutter Removal
I think to some people I could be classified as a hoarder. I’m just afraid of throwing things away that I might regret later. You never know when a computer from 1990 might come in handy, lol. But, recently I have discovered a new way to feel good. It’s called being organized and clutter free.
I started by literally throwing away every single thing I wasn’t using or going to use soon. I threw away over half of everything I owned. It was hard at first, but just like anything else once my momentum got going it started becoming quite enjoyable. Once I finished that day I found that I couldn’t wait for the next session and if it was going to be a few days I would anxiously wait.
So from my experience I am going to recommend to everyone reading this that you go through you entire house, every cabinet and every closet to remove as much junk as you can. While your throwing away clean and reorganize. Do a little each week or when you have time. Don’t try to do it all in one day. Once you get going you will feel amazing!
How To Get Started In Clutter Removal and Massive Organization
The best way to get started is to pick a room and start there. Don’t try to tackle the entire house at once. If it’s really bad then just start with a drawer, cabinet, or closet. Just hone in your focus to that one little area. Don’t worry if it takes you all afternoon to clean and organize one drawer. Just make sure you do it right the first time so you don’t have to redo it.
If you would like more info on actually removing the clutter and getting organized read these other articles I wrote:
- Clean & Declutter Your House One Habit at a Time
- How To Identify and Eliminate Clutter
- How To Clean and Organize In The Spring
After you finish your first project move on to the next. Don’t let it stress you out that you aren’t going to get all of it done in a day. You can stop whenever you feel like it. If you wanted to do five cabinets and you get three done and want to stop go ahead. You can always pick up where you left off.
Some Great Tips To Help You Get Started
- Make It Fun – You could make a game out of it or play some radio while you do. It doesn’t have to be a chore.
- Start Out Small – Don’t bite off more than you can chew. A lot of small accomplishments leads to a big one.
- The #1 Rule To Being Organized – “Everything has a place, find it and keep it there and you will always be organized.”
- Set Goals – Think about what you want to accomplish short and long term. By setting goals you can think about the finished product and how happy it will make you once completed.
- Track Your Progress – Take your projects and break them down so you can track how many things you have done. By tracking progress you will be able to build much more momentum.
I hope this help you. The big thing is to just start somewhere. Get up and get moving right now. Good Luck!