Ever been stuck at home on one of those boring days?
Sitting around the house and not knowing what to do is not only unproductive, it’s boring. The best way to get rid of boredom is to do something you’ve been putting off or to challenge yourself to do something you have never done before. Ultimately, there are plenty of things you can do when you’re bored. They could be wacky, weird, productive, creative or just fun! Here are 50 Things Todo On A Boring Day at Home:
1. Listen to music. If you’re a music lover, it can lift up your spirits like nothing else can.
2. Watch TV. It’s good to be a couch-potato once in a while.
3. Read a newspaper. It would not only help you pass your time but also increase your awareness.
4. Build Your Own Website. Here is a Guide To Get An Optimized WordPress Site Started In Under One Hour
5. Create a new recipe. Whether you’re into cooking or not, try creating your own recipe. Experiment with different ingredients and be creative!
6. Exercise. Even if you don’t feel like exercising, doing a few jumping jacks and stretching exercises will keep you going for the rest of the day.
7. Browse and Shop Amazon Best Sellers – You never know what cool and trendy things you can get on Amazon.
8. Write a short story. Think of a plot, the characters and then go with the flow.
9. Groom your pet. Play, feed and spend time with him/her.
11. Do the crossword puzzle in the daily newspaper. These puzzles are a good workout for the brain.
12. Have a bubble bath/aroma therapy bath. It’s a fun way to rejuvenate and relax. Best Aroma Therapy Products
13. Call and speak to your long distance friend or family.
14. Browse the web. Check your e-mail or search for information about different countries and cultures. You can also browse the Wikipedia for great information. They have a random article button.
15. Clean up your house. Remember that huge cleaning session you’ve been thinking about for months but never find the time to do?
16. Write/create your own song. Then, sing it out loud in your room.
17. Cook for your family. Prepare your or their favorite meal. They’ll appreciate your gesture!
18. Gather up a few friends and have a picnic in your backyard. You can also plan the ultimate barbecue!
19. Re-arrange the furniture in your room/home. If not the heavy bed or the tables, try moving the chairs, small tables etc., for a fresh look to the room.
20. Look through old family scrapbooks, yearbooks and photo books. Basically, indulge in nostalgia.
21. We often reach out for junk food when we’re bored. This time, try making something healthy to drink. Make a smoothie or a fresh, homemade fruit juice.
22. Re-organize your Facebook profile. Re-organize your files on the computer (takes a lot of time but after a while it gets fun).
23. Make a collage out of old magazines or newspaper pictures. Remember, the collage should have a theme to it, else it would look meaningless.
24. Browse YouTube.
25. Make a list of things you want to do before you die. This may also include things that you want to do within a month or six months.
26. Make a mixed CD of your favorite songs and title it “The soundtrack of my life”. Include your all-time favorite songs.
27. Do your laundry. It’s tiring but you will be relieved once it’s done!
28. Treat yourself to a yummy dessert. If you can make it at home, nothing like it.
29. Do some baking. Bake a cake, some cookies or anything else that you enjoy eating and would love to share with your family/friends.
30. Learn a new language. Learning a few words every day can help a lot. Look for the best online classes.
31. Do some research on subjects that interest you. There are lots curious facts to learn about the world.
32. Paint a picture. Go crazy and paint your art out! Who knows someone may want to buy it and you can earn a few bucks too!
33. Watch stupid videos and standup comedy videos. They keep you laughing, and laughing is never wrong!
34. Create and design your personal website.
35. Re-organize your book shelf. Make sure you clean the outside of each book. This way you will spend more time in this activity and you won’t have to clean it again for a few weeks.
36. If you have a movie collection, watch an old favorite one again. Munch on your favorite snacks while enjoying the movie. Bliss!
37. Unwind at the garden. Gardening can be really rejuvenating for some.
38. Create a card for your loved one. Sounds emotional, but why not?
39. Create your own jewelry by mixing and matching. You can do the same thing with your clothes. Mix n match to create new outfits out of your current wardrobe.
40. Play the piano or other instruments.
41. Chat with friends via the internet. Chatting online is a cheap way of talking your heart out to a friend.
42. Play online games. There are a few websites that let you play for free and have some very interesting games to play.
43. Start a blog. This way you can connect with new people every day!
44. Make a list of things you need to buy at the grocery store. A list saves time, money and energy while shopping.
45. Take pictures. Make up your own little sets and work the lights in the house.
46. Create your own scrap book. Yes, it can be fun and you can flaunt it later.
47. Dance inside your room. Play your favorite dance cd and practice all those moves you wanted to show-off, but couldn’t get them right. Now is the time to practice!
48. Sit next to your window and enjoy a cup of coffee while looking outside.
49. Learn a new skill. It could be anything from pottery to sound/video editing. All of the learning stuff can be done online.
50. Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It could be stupid, weird or wild. Go crazy!