Boredom can be frustrating and could even lead to some more trouble if you get into the wrong things. Thanks for the power of the internet that provides a whole different world from what we physically have. Below is a list of 50 fun things to do online to keep you busy, even productive.
1. Take a 3D virtual tour of the earth using Google earth’s street map view.
2. Play virtual free online adventure games that allow you to communicate with fellow players.
3. Watch highly rated funny and entertaining online videos on video sites like YouTube.
4. If you love writing, you can write short stories, poems, essays and article and submit them to make some money. Websites like iwriter and textbrokers buy your content.
5. Learn new things by reading books and free resource documents on Google books.
6. Take online quizzes or tests on a wide range of topics to sharpen your skills and learn new thing on ‘Tickle’.
7. Answer questions on forums about your interests and help someone out with your experience.
8. Update your social networking profiles in Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr; adding pictures and changing designs.
9. You can add a ground squirrel to any image that isn’t copyrighted, at ‘The squirrelizer’.
10. Are there any holidays, anniversaries or birthdays coming up? Mailing a bunch of flowers to make someone happy at ‘Flower2mail’is also one of the 50 fun things to do online. And if you are broke, you’ll definitely love this one because it is for free.
11. Chat with someone instantly by registering with TworT and get matched up with a partner right away.
12. Listen to audio books for free at ‘Podiobooks’. You might find your favorite book listed.
13. Say something to that person you have a crush on and let the world know at ‘Hadtosay’.
14. Learn something new on video tutorial sites like ‘videojug’.
15. Travel through space with online free space stimulator.
16. Discover where the dead heroes lived at ‘Findagrave’.
17. Turn your webpage into different languages at ‘Rinkworks’.
18. Start a non vicious rumor to get people’s attention on different social media sites.
19. If you’re new in town you can meet up with people of your hobby and interest through online meet up groups.
20. Make your own home made video and upload it on YouTube; enjoy people’s comments about it.
21. Download free versions of some very serious software like Maya 3D and unleash your creativity.
22. Entertain yourself and friends by making nifty anagrams.
23. Search NASA’s archives to view incredible pictures and recordings; they are free of copyrights.
24. At ‘Hotornot’ you can find out whether you’re hot or not by uploading your picture and have people scored you out of ten. You can also score other people too.
25. Create personalized map and share them with your friends at Community Walk. You can also explore maps that have been created by other people.
26. Start a virtual food fight with someone at foodfighting.com. Choose a food, preview how it will look and send it to someone by email.
27. Do you have large files you want to send but your email can’t carry it? Send it with ‘Pando’.Buy One item & Get the next One 50% off only at AdamEveToys.com! Use code AETBOGO at checkout (expires 06/30/2016) Click This Link To Activate
28. Find websites that match your taste at ‘Stumbleupon’
29. Enjoy a 3D view of Paris at ‘Gillesvidal’ and flyover the Eiffel tower.
30. Create your own 5-minutes reality video clip and submit it to ‘ManiaTv’.
31. Design business cards for yourself and other people at ‘Iprint’.
32. Send anonymous email and text message using ‘Sharpmail’. You can hide your ISP info and IP address.
33. Use simple tools at ‘Crayon’ to create your own newspaper and become your own editor.
34. Create a dumb photo of your enemy using simple tools at ‘Zingfu’.
35. Clone a website or create and share social web application for free at ‘Ning’.
36. Take online language lessons and learn something about a foreign language.
37. Use ‘Blinklist’ to save any great website you have found and access them from any computer.
38. Get inspired by a logo at ‘Logopond’, with inspirational taglines that can help you start something new.
39. Use BugMeNot to get free access to all those websites that ask you to subscribe in order to gain full access.
40. If love free things for real you can get them at TheFreeSite and feed yourself on free stuffs from different categories.
41. If you love religion you can get concrete facts about the world religions at ReligionFacts.
42. Do you have stuffs you have made on your own and you think people would love to buy them? Start your own online shop at ‘Cafepress’.
43. Find a date for free without credit card payments at ‘PlentyofFish’.
44. Get free to use images and photographs at Yotophoto.
45. As a video lover you can discover amazing videos at Metacafe. Unlike YouTube, they offer offbeat and less mainstream videos, ranging from funny clips and weirdly magic tricks.
46. Create your own exclusive chartroom and invite your friends at ‘Chatcreator’
47. Discover something you can do at home with ‘ScienceHack’. It provides videos of real scientific experiments approved and screened by scientists. Some of the categories include Space, Robotics, Chemistry, Computer Science and many more.
48. Decorate your own desktop with ‘Socwall’. Aside from getting free, nifty and high resolution desktop wallpapers at socwall.com, you can also categorize and rate them.
49. Turn yourself into a superhero that you have always dreamed of at the Hero Factory or be one of your favorite Marvel superhero at marvel.com
50. Play games that will test your reflexes and will really make you think at ‘Pogo’, ‘Miniclip’, ‘Kongregate’ and ‘Newgrounds’. These sites offer various games including puzzle games, sports, brain trainers, card games and many more.
The internet is a great resource of information, knowledge, news and entertainment. However, it is also filled with bad websites, hate, violence, and junk. A huge amount of self-control is needed for you not to be able to be swayed into the bad zone. The combination of unlimited Web access and free time in front of the computer leaves no boundaries for a wandering person. It is very easy to be enveloped or get involved with all the rubbish that’s online. So, if you are a parent, you would want to pass and share these suggestions to your teenage child. And if you are a teenager, I’m sure you will find these sites superbly entertaining.