We all want to have this fabulous and fit body, so what’s keeping us from it? Well, one of the things could be the lack of motivation to exercise. It’s one of those barriers that should be really easy to overcome, but for whatever reason we struggle. I want to share this list of motivators and tips to help you get started exercising right now and start getting fit.
16 Ways To Motivate Yourself To Exercise
- Think about how you will look if you keep it up and get into shape.
- Imagine what your self esteem will be like after you get all that extra weight off your body.
- Think about how you feel after you get done working out. Endorphins are released during the workout and shortly after. These are you bodies feel good hormones and are a real treat if you pushed yourself hard enough.
- Remember this, successful people always care about how they feel and take good care of their bodies.
- It’s a really great personal time to just escape from the world and do something good for yourself.
- You could be drawn in with the social aspects. Get a workout partner or go to the gym. If you want to meet new friends the gym is a great place to meet people with similar interests in fitness.
- If you struggle with getting the right workout and have the money, hire a personal trainer or fitness couch. These guys can hit your pocketbook, but are well worth the money.
- You can do more than just lift weights and run. You could go down to the park or local recreation center and play some basketball, tennis, swim, or do many other great workouts that are more fun and enjoyable.
- You will naturally be lowering your stress.
- If you workout, you automatically will be able to eliminate that feeling of not working out when you know you should. It feels really great to think positive about your fitness instead of beating yourself up for not doing the right thing.
- If your a results oriented person you can see them in real time on your scale. If you like things like making a log book, this is a great opportunity to start one and keep track of your weight. The ideal amount of weight to lose each week is between 2-4 lbs. If you lose more than this you might be doing some unhealthy things to get there. Remember it’s not a race, but a marathon.
- You will feel more positive everyday and for the next few days after you work out. It’s also a great ego and self esteem boost.
- You will love all the complements you get about the way you look. It really feels great to have someone walk up and say “wow you’ve lost weight.”
- Sweating is your bodies way of releasing toxins and other buildup inside you. If you sweat enough it will purify your body and release any gunk that may have been building up in your system.
- For some people who enjoy adrenaline rushes there will be one with a strong enough workout. Be careful because these can become like an addictive drug they make you feel so good. Not always a bad thing.
- Last but not least. Once you get started you will have fun!
Remember the hardest is part is getting started. If you can get past that first 5 minutes chances are you will finish your workout. Don’t bite off more than you can chew either. My personal goal was to workout for 10 minutes at least every other day. It was so easy to do 10 minutes that I actually stuck with it and I feel so much better now. Just get out there and give it a try. Good Luck!