Everyone has some sort of work to do. Whether it’s go to an office, store, hospital, stay at home, etc. we all have somewhere to be and something to do. This list is the ten best things you can do to make that day better and more productive.
1. Get plenty of good rest. One of the most important things to prepare yourself for work the next day is to get plenty of rest. Make sure you sleep the amount you like and you have a great place to sleep. Make sure you bed is comfortable and you have a good pillow. If you don’t go out and spend some money on a new one. You spend 1/3 of you life in bed so it will be worth it.
2. Eat a great breakfast. Breakfast is by far the most important meal of the day. Don’t skip out here and think you will make it up later. Also, make sure you don’t indulge yourself for breakfast either. The last thing you need is to feel lethargic from eating to much in the morning.
3. Set yourself up with a positive attitude before you get out of bed. Don’t even think about getting out of bed and moving through you day without setting up you mind to be more positive. If you don’t have anything else just think about all the things you have to be grateful for.
4. Leave early and get up early. It’s one of the worst feelings in the world to be late. Sometimes it happens out of your control and you shouldn’t have a bad day because of this. Make sure you get up and leave with enough time to account for anything that might slow you down for work. Plan on arriving 15 minutes early.
5. Have your clothes and other items laid out before you go to bed. You don’t want to scatter in the morning looking for things. Make sure they are all laid out to make getting ready in the morning as smooth as possible.
6. Plan your day out in advance. Nothing beats a little planning either while you get ready or the day before. Take the time to plan out some major events throughout your day and plan ahead to be ready for them.
7. Do your daily workout either the night before or first thing in the morning. It feels great to do a morning exercise such as jogging, walking, mediation, yoga, etc. Whatever it is make it a habit to do each day before you head off to work or the night before if you have time.
8. Define the cutoff between work and home life. What I mean by this is once you leave work then drop it from your mind. Nothing is worse then worrying about something that happened at work all the way up until you go to bed, then starting back out the next morning with yesterday’s work on your mind. Leave it at the door when you leave.
9. Don’t focus on the time, just work and get sucked into your job. It makes for such a slow day if you just sit around and watch the clock. You have to be there any ways why not get involved and try your hardest. It makes the day go by so much quicker.
10. Learn to be more social. Being social makes the day that much better. Whether it’s on your way in, customers, friends, co-workers, etc. Become social everywhere you go.
I hope these items help you make your day better. I practice them myself everyday and it does make the world of difference. You can go from hating your job to loving every moment of it with just a few minor tweaks. Good Luck!