10 Tips To Boost Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
Self esteem has been a topic of several of my blog posts. I can’t stress enough how important it is to build up your self esteem and maintain it. There are so many different ways it can be brought down you almost need instructions on how to avoid them all. I wanted to share with you ten more tips to help boost your self-esteem and help you achieve a high self-confidence level.
Here are 10 Tips To Help Boost Your Self-Esteem Today
- Get into shape and make your body look it’s best. You will feel better if you start working out, losing weight, and doing things that make you look and feel better. You could go out and buy some new clothes, get some sun, or maybe just wear your outfits a little differently.
- Start exercising regularly. Even if you don’t need to lose a few pounds and feel like your really healthy, a regular exercise program will always boost your mood and help build more self-esteem.
- Give yourself daily or even hourly compliments. You have tons of things you can compliment yourself for. It could be that you just finished a small project and worked hard or that you turned down an extra dessert. You can compliment yourself on anything you want. Do this as often as possible to start feeling better self-esteem immediately.
- Avoid negative people. If you have friends who are negative, avoid them. Negativity brings you down and lowers your self-esteem dramatically. Try instead to be around more positive people. If you don’t know any then get out and make some new friends. There are lots of places to do this such as the park, library, online, gym, etc.
- Learn to love yourself for exactly who you are. So what if you friends are this or celebrities are that. You are you. That’s all that really matters and people will love you for exactly who you are.
- Always give everything your absolute best shot. Anything you try to do or put your touch on should be done with pride. Do your best at everything you do and try your hardest to make everything successful. The more effort you put in the more compliments you will receive.
- Stay Positive
- Don’t make up excuses, just get out there and try. Excuses stop people from being successful. You may even be really good at making them up. So good that you don’t even attempt something, because of all the good excuses you’ve made. STOP DOING THIS! Make an attempt a least. It’s a million times worse to never try than to try and fail. At least when you try and fail you had a chance.
- Sleep less. This one sounds like it’s out of place, but I promise you it’s not. If you sleep more than 8-9 hours per day you are literally wasting your life away. You are sleeping away all that extra time when you could be doing the other things on this list and boosting your self-esteem. Sleeping extra doesn’t give you more energy. It actually makes you feel worse.
- Take good care of your body, it’s the only one you got. Practice good hygiene. Wash yourself and your clothes. Clean your house, car, office, desk, etc. and keep it clean. Become more organized and start caring about the things you do.
Do these things and they will definitely help you out. Try to work on this daily and never give up. Good Luck!